Did you know that Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme (MiDAS) training is becoming the industry standard qualification for passenger transport drivers?
Whilst it is not yet a mandatory requirement for operators, drivers are not able to drive accessible vehicles belonging to other organisations unless they have received training in the skills associated with using such minibuses.
MiDAS training is highly recommended for all new drivers as it offers:
Enhanced passenger safety
- Improved passenger comfort
- Increased driver confidence
- Reduced stress on the minibus driver
- A better image for your organisation
The Little Red Bus MiDAS training course is delivered by full time MiDAS driver assessors.
How MiDAS works
After completing the registration process at which licences are checked and a basic eyesight test is completed, the course involves:
- Driving practice and tuition – this will normally last for approximately one hour and will include the opportunity for the trainee to drive the vehicle under supervision, in order to receive on-road vehicle familiarisation
- A classroom based training session of approximately three hours in our training room *
- Driver assessment against MiDAS standards
If required, additional training for an accessible vehicle (one which carries passengers who use wheelchairs) is available.
After a successful assessment, trainees will be given further basic training by their DAT in the skills and information you need when driving minibuses.
On successful completion of the MiDAS training, trainees receive a certificate which enables them to drive the minibuses of other MiDAS members without the need for re-assessment (although a familiarisation session and checks for insurance compliance will still be necessary).
Please call our training team on 01423 724557 or email email@example.com
for further information.